Friday, May 21, 2010

Home

So Doug and I bought our first house!  What a crazy thing to type, it's still a little weird saying that out loud.  I'm not even sure how it all happend to be quite honest.  It was like one morning Doug said "Hey let's just look, it doesn't hurt to look right?!"  Then next thing I knew we were putting in an offer and deciding if we should get the smooth or textured finish on our appliances!  (we picked smooth by the way)  Life is crazy how it kinda sneaks up on you.  First you dream of one day going to college and then getting married and having the dog, the kids, and the white picket fence...and boom it's a reality!  It really has been a crazy two years for Doug and I, we graduated, got married (litterally two weeks after graduation), moved to Columbus, new jobs, bought a dog, and now the house.  It's funny that I always pray for God to show me what His path is for my life, and when I stop and look back it's so clear to me that He truely is in complete control.  I totally would have screwed this all up if my life was left up to me.  Who knows what will be in store for me in the future, all I can do is continue to pray that God stays in control and enjoy the ride!     


I don't have any pictures yet of our new house, (don't worry those will come soon enough) so I thought that I would post a picture of the house that I grew up in, well for the begining part of my childhood that is.  Good ol'  513 Fredrick Street.  I remember reciting that over and over in my head when I became the age that you were expected to know your full name, birth date, phone number, and address (that's a lot of pressure on a kid!)  Anyways, here she is in all her glory!  She was a great house to grow up in, and I can't wait to start making memories of our own in our first home :)


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Courtney!!! So happy for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Courtney, I am soooo happy for your and Doug!

    There ain't nothin' quite like the picket fence dream coming to reality! I'm so glad your passion, or are your passion for your income! Can't beat that, either!

    If I were to do that, I'd be in a cowboy had and boots training horses!

    We love ya!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete